Saturday, July 3, 2010

A late beginning

So I had every intention to begin a blog in February when I found out I was pregnant and here I am five months later with my very first blog post! I am not sure why I procrastinated so much - I must have thought about it at least on a weekly basis. I think it had more to do with being self-conscious about putting myself out there. I worried about not being witty enough or funny enough to entertain any sort of following. So what has changed? I still worry about those things but have decided that this is more for me and anyone else who gleans some entertainment or helpful tips from my writing will be an added bonus!

I hope to discuss the challenges of life and the struggle all of us have to discover a balance that makes us happy. For me it is determining how to be the best wife, soon-to-be mother, and friend while balancing my love for health and fitness- especially running- and that other necessary evil to pay the bills- my job.


November 2009 Richmond Half Marathon

My current challenge is to prepare for Baby Smith who will be here in October (and boy does it seem to be getting closer every second!). I had promised myself when I got pregnant I would eat healthier than I ever have and keep up with running. Well lets just say being pregnant is NOT as easy as it looks! So here I am just over five months pregnant, not running and struggling to keep my healthy habits on track. BUT the great thing about starting to blog about this is the accountability I am receiving in return. Even if no one reads this and I just write, my words will be out there and I will have to live up to them. It is like when you commit to something aloud.It is a lot easier to commit to it in your head, but once it is out there where others have heard there is another whole level of accountability.

So this isn't too say I am never going to indulge or miss a "gym" day, but this is going to keep me honest and working towards my goals. Let's get started!!

No comments:

Post a Comment