Monday, November 15, 2010

Have I Mentioned...

That I have an AWESOME husband! He has been very supportive of my goals to get back to exercising and of course is encouraging me to do it in the safest way possible so that I don't injure myself or prolong my recovery.

On Friday, he called on his way home from work and said that he needed to swing by Target to pick something up, but he wouldn't tell me what he was getting. Naturally I thought it was some DVD or CD that we wanted. WRONG! It was a Gaiam Balance Ball and workout DVD. Turns out he was talking to some other moms around his office and they recommended this as a way to get some low impact exercise while I'm waiting to fully recover.

I tried out the DVD today and managed to get through the upper body section before I was called back to "mom duty." The DVD is nice because it breaks down into mini workouts (which seems to be about all I can squeeze in for the time being!) that last about 10 minutes a piece and focus on different parts of the body.

So between this DVD and the Tracy Anderson DVD, I should be able to get in some quality home workouts during the day. Hopefully they will hold me over until I can get back to the gym. By the way, the Balance Ball also makes a great rocker when you are trying to soothe a newborn, and as an added bonus, you get a mini workout while doing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment