Thursday, November 11, 2010

Week One Check In: Too Soon!

Today started out a little rough. It was my first day at home alone with Phinn and shortly after Hunter left, Phinn threw up for the first time right down my v-neck shirt! The poor guy; he looked so pitiful. I felt so bad for him. Not to mention that he put his mama in a bit of a panic attack thinking that he might be sick. After I cleaned both of us up, we spent the rest of the morning cuddling.

Around lunch time we took a little walk to get some fresh air in hopes of brightening our spirits. We walked for about 30 minutes. By the time we got home I was feeling a little sore, so we headed back to the couch to rest. I began rethinking my trip to the gym scheduled for this evening because even though I'm anxious to get back I don't want to push it too soon and sideline myself even longer.

I decided to settle for lifting some free weights and popping in Tracy Anderson's Post-Pregnancy Work Out DVD. (Tracy is Gwyneth Paltrow's trainer. She is 5 ft tall and gained 60 pounds when she was pregnant with her son. It is AWESOME to have a workout designed by someone who has been there!) Lifting my little 5 pound weights felt good; sadly, the DVD did not feel as good. It was not the DVD's fault by any means. It was mine. I had done about fifteen minutes of it the day before and I don't think my body was up for repeating it just yet.

I think I'm going to stick to walking outside (as long as the weather cooperates), lifting weights at home, and occasionally sticking in a workout DVD when I can make the time at least for one more week. It seems like my body is telling me that it would like a little more time to heal and I can't say that I blame it. Frankly, I am still amazed at what a woman's body does during pregnancy and labor & delivery and how quickly it naturally rebounds.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of you for not only working so hard to stay fit, but also for being a super mom, and for listening to your body and knowing when to take a knee. You rock!

    ReplyDelete