Monday, November 22, 2010

Week Two: Check In

I had meant to post this on Saturday, but as I am learning, your "to do" list with a baby in the picture has to be VERY flexible. Some days we are able to accomplish a lot and other times it takes us days to get around to crossing things off such as making Hunter's birthday cake.

So I finally made it to the gym to weight myself last Wednesday night. I have to admit I was a little nervous to step on the scale. With some of the eating I have been doing, part of me would not have been surprised if my weight had barely changed!

I happily learned that my three week post-pregnancy weight was 125 pounds. I am down twenty pounds from when I delivered (mostly thanks to delivering an 8 lb 5 oz baby and shedding the other extra stuff too) and have ten pounds left to lose.

I did not stay long enough to workout because I had gotten my butt kicked the night before by Phinn's demands to be held in order to sleep and it hadn't changed during the day. (READ: A glass of wine was calling my name a lot louder than the treadmill!!)

On Thursday, my mom came to visit and we went for a nice, long walk and it felt glorious! The best part is that after the walk I did not experience any pain which means I didn't push myself too far. This little victory gave me the push I needed to schedule a trip to the gym. (Yes, those things have to be planned in advance now!)

On Saturday morning, I woke up and left my boys snuggled up in bed. I tied my gym shoes- the first time in a long time I'd been able to do that without a belly bump making it more challenging- and off I went. I tried out the elliptical first. I was able to go for twenty minutes before I started to feel some discomfort. In keeping my promise to myself to take it nice and easy and listen to my body, I switched to the treadmill and walked for my remaining fifteen minutes at a decent pace and incline. Again, I was able to do this light exercise without paying for it later.

So that was my Week Two! I will post some pictures soon - it is on my "to do" list ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment