Thursday, September 1, 2011

Tasting My Own Medicine

As I ate my second slice of banana bread this morning, I realized that I have a problem.

I talk about the importance of eating healthy. I preach that you need to eat your fruits and vegetables, your whole grains, your lean protein, your good fats, etc. I warn against the dangers of overly processed foods and getting hooked on convenience food.

I think it is so easy.

It isn't.

And I have realized I need to try a little harder and by trying harder I mean making some resolutions and sticking to them.

I know a food journal is not for me. Evident by the two food journals collecting dust on my nightstand.

I know that making too many restrictions on my diet will only end up in me scarfing down half a sleeve of cookies or my body weight in pumpkin bread.

I have not quite figured out what will work for me or what type of lifestyle change I'm ready to commit to making.


Now that I have polished off my burgers and fries (Yes, I chose not to correct the waitress and ask for the Seven Bean Salad instead of fries...) and am feeling even more guilty, I am going to watch a movie (more like fall asleep to a movie) and leave these hard thoughts for tomorrow.

The Great Burger Vanishing Act....


But seriously, change is coming...


3 comments:

  1. Banana bread makes you feel guilty?!? That is considered health food in our house ;-) but seriously, don't sweat the small stuff! A good burger and fries every once in a while does set you up for some guilt afterwards, but I believe in everything in moderation...it's like a little reward now and then for all your healthy habits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with moderation but I feel like I haven't been very good at practicing it lately. I just also think I could be doing better in terms of my eating habits. I justify a lot of things because I exercise a lot or am breastfeeding and that is not the healthiest way to approach it.
    Did I mention the banana bread has dark chocolate chunks in it. It's amazing! Never enjoyed banana bread before now...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess since we are so far away and you are always talking about healthy stuff I assume that you are far better at everything in moderation than I am :-) I looooove Starbucks low fat banana chocolate chip bread...but we usually just make regular at home.

    ReplyDelete