Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Would I Believe It?

Ten years ago today, I met the man of my dreams.

I was 16 years old. I had recently moved from St. Louis to Richmond. I was the new girl.

He was the cute, smart, friendly guy from English class who had read the same book over the summer as me. He offered to show me around.

Yes, that's the book... pretty nerdy! If you have read and enjoyed this book, you know that you will have an instant kinship with anyone else that has as well.

Would 16 year me believe that over the next ten years, I would...

Have a high school sweetheart

That is Hunter and I in the center. I am the EXTREMELY pale one! I am already dreading when our children see these pictures!!

Have my heart broken but stay friends

No pictures during this time also known as the dark period.

Reunite with that guy from English class only to be happier and stronger than ever

Enjoying coffee in Chattanooga

Graduate from college together

My graduation from Radford

Hunter's graduation from Virginia Tech

Get engaged
Not a picture from the actual night we got engaged (Because we did not take any photos of that- oh hindsight!) but one from that summer.

Marry my best friend

What an awesome wedding if I do say so myself! When is our next one sweetie?!

Travel to Hawaii

When can we go back???

Get pregnant

Thanks for partaking in my maternity photos - now that is a real man!

Have a beautiful baby boy

Our little bundle of joy! Gosh it is hard to remember the days when he was that small!!

Be one happy family of the new girl, the guy who scooped her up (as Hunter says), and their happy and may I say very cute son.


I'm thinking it is about time for a new family picture, honey! This one is from Easter.

Some times I wish for a crystal ball to get a glimpse of what the future holds for me; however, I cannot help but to feel that knowing what's in store steals some preciousness from the future.

Here is to many more decades together, looking back in wonderment at how far we've come.

No comments:

Post a Comment