Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Week Three Check In: Holding Steady but Ready for More

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving filled with family, friends, and good food! I certainly did :) I think my Mom made the best Thanksgiving dinner ever! I'm hoping to get her recipes for the green beans and carrots which I will make sure to share.

Now down to business... While I may have had last week off from the gym, I certainly did not slack off - other than my indulgence in the delicious food my parents prepared while we stayed with them (They have become quite the foodies since their kids have grown up!). I took daily walks ranging from 45 minutes to an hour, and my parents' neighborhood is made up entirely of hills which gave me more of a challenge especially with a stroller.

Today, I was back at the gym. I managed to do 35 minutes, at a resistance of 5 to 6, on the elliptical and actually worked up a decent sweat. As for my weight-in, the scale read 124 pounds. While it wasn't quite the change I was hoping for, I guess it is alright considering the good food I had last week. I'm thinking that the last nine pounds aren't going to come off as quickly as the first 20! I just need to make sure that I am eating wisely which means no more days where I eat half a loaf of the cranberry-orange bread I made (SO GOOD! I'll be sharing that recipe as well.). I also need to make time for the gym or one of my fitness DVDs. (Hunter and I have been discussing scheduling time for our hobbies. Surprisingly it was his idea not mine, but is a darn good one!)

Also below are my pictures as promised- this is me nearly five weeks since Phinn was born. (Gosh! He is getting old!!) And, yes I colored my hair. I was feeling up for a change, and with me potentially only going back to work part-time, I've been looking for some ways to trim back on expenses (More on the whole work situation later...).





Speaking of Phinn, he went to his one month check-up and is already 11 pounds (Another good reason to incorporate weight lifting back into my routine!) and 22.5 inches long! What a cutie!!



So my goal for this week is to keep up with the gym, possibly add some time for weights as well as continuing my cardio, and to send the rest of the cranberry orange bread to work with Hunter ;)

1 comment:

  1. Phinn looks completely perfect. And you do as well! Glad that you are able to get back into doing what you love.

    ReplyDelete