Friday, December 17, 2010

Cherry Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies

I have always loved baking and I've considered chocolate chips cookies to be one of my specialties. One of the things that I love most about them is that they are so simple to make and are also an easy cookie to experiment with- trying different types of chocolate chips or even other flavors like the white-milk chocolate mix, adding different types of nuts, or even oatmeal and raisins.

This summer I discovered dried cherries in a trail mix from Whole Foods and all I can say is where have they been hiding my whole life?! They are delicious!! I can eat them by the handful and they make a great addition to any trail mix or oatmeal. These cherries inspired me to revamp my chocolate chip cookies and I came up with the recipe below. I hope you enjoy!

Cherry Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients:
2 1/4 cups whole wheat pastry flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs
2 cups dark chocolate chips (I used Ghiradelli's.)
2 cups dried cherries

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375.

Stir flour with baking soda and salt; set aside. Beat butter with sugar and brown sugar until creamy. Add vanilla and eggs, one at a time.

Gradually add dry mixture to creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and cherries. Drop by tablespoon onto cookie sheets. Bake for 9-11 minutes or until golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment