Friday, December 31, 2010

If You Want to Do It, All You Have to Do is Do It

This is my first NYE spent at home, ringing in the new year whispering so that we don't wake the baby. As I type this post and sip my water (Yes, water because I've already had a glass or two of wine and don't want to go overboard.) and my husband sips apple cider and creates a template for his guitar design, (Yes, not only do I have an awesome hubby who encourages me in my endeavors, he also has his own crazy hobbies.) I look back on 2010 and realize how blessed we are. What an awesome year! I have many goals on my list that have gone untouched, but I've also accomplished things that I thought would take years.

For me and probably many of you, NYE makes you think about what you did (or did not) accomplish this year and what you hope to accomplish next year. So often we think that things are so out of reach or unrealistic or too risky, but we can't expect to conquer the world without going outside of our comfort zone. This NYE as Hunter and I make a list of things we want to do in 2011, I've decided to challenge myself and put things on my list (one of which is to run and complete a marathon, but more on that tomorrow) that require me to expand my level of comfort. I found this video (may seem cheesy to some, but what inspires you more than something that tugs on your heart strings?!) on one of my running blogs and it has truly inspired me. Not only can this inspire you to reach any fitness goals you may have, I think it can inspire you to accomplish anything- any goal that you feel is too lofty or any risk that you feel is too big to take. Just start by taking that first step forward...



And even though the road might be rough, don't give up until you have crossed the finish line.

So let's raise our glasses and make this the year that we do life.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment