Thursday, March 24, 2011

Yesterday Was About the Gossip

Yesterday was one of those days where I was fortunate enough to have Hunter home before 5PM (GASP! That is almost unheard of in this house!) and enough energy (more like will power) to put my gym clothes on and head out the door.

When I got there I went to step on the treadmill and noticed I had left my ipod shuffle in my car. The car wasn't more than a few hundred feet away but I did not want to go back for it. I told myself I run all the time with Phinn and BOB without music and we seem to manage just fine. So I started my stretching and man was I sore! I have been doing Tracy Anderson's Post Pregnancy DVD again to prep for summer and swimsuits (LOVE the workout but it certainly kicks my butt!) and on top of that I have been doing 4-5 mile runs at my new PR pace (8:45/mile). Needless to say I think all the soreness and stiffness I felt was my muscles politely requesting an easy day.

So I decided we could have it! And what goes better with an easy day at the gym than a couple celebrity gossip magazines?! I will admit that they are a guilty pleasure. I never buy them but will pick them up when I am going to do the stairmaster or the elliptical or when I'm getting a pedicure. However, they are losing some of their appeal. I just can't seem to get into an article about why the Bachelor chose the wrong girl or how Kim Kardashian really is in love with this boyfriend. Mostly I just like to look at the pictures to see what's fashionable or use them as motivation to increase the level of resistance on the stairmaster one more notch.


I got in a good mix of exercise- 15 minutes on the stairmaster, 15 minutes on the elliptical, and 15 minutes of running - and a dose of celebrity gossip. As a new mom I have to stay on top of what is cool and hip (Is that word even used any more?!), otherwise I will find myself in cardigan sweater sets and high waist jeans before I'm 30!

1 comment: