Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Morning Motivation

For many of us mornings are the only part of the day where there is time in our schedule to fit in a workout or we like to get it out of the way so we can check it off our "to do" list and shower only once a day. The nice thing about being on maternity leave has been my ability to squeeze in workouts here and there and not feel like I'm missing out on time with my family. But sadly all good things must come to an end and my leave ends in about three weeks so I'm going to need to start those early morning workouts at least a couple days a week.

I started trying to get into this routine last week by setting my alarm for 5AM and EVERY day I have hit snooze or just turned off the alarm entirely. I want to get up but my warm, cozy bed has been holding me hostage (not entirely against my will though!). I have had every intention to get up each morning and start my day with Tracy Anderson's Post Pregnancy Workout (Again, I cannot recommend this DVD enough. I have it to thank for feeling more toned and fit in my abs and thighs post baby.) or a quick kettlebell workout, but my intentions have not been enough to get me out of bed. I need to tap a deeper motivation to get me up and moving.

Before I got married, the last three months or so leading up to the wedding I was waking up at 5:30 AM to get in running and weights or a cycling class before work. It felt great to start my day with a good sweat and boy was looking stunning in my wedding dress a great source of motivation.

May 2008: I was feeling fit and toned! Not to mention happy too :)

Now, I have my desire to be fit and healthy and have my "me" time; however, I'm missing that extra oomph to get me going. I'm trying to stagger implementing all of my new routines, so I desperately want to get into this routine before I'm back at work because that will be a whole new routine itself.

What is the extra oomph that gets you motivated to workout? What can get you out of bed for an early morning sweat session?


When I figure out what works for me, I'll make sure to let you know...

No comments:

Post a Comment