Sunday, January 9, 2011

Sweating Along To...

Sometimes the thing that can motivate me the most when I'm running, especially when I'm on a long run, is the tunes that are blaring through my earbuds. I'm always looking for new songs to run to. They can be old or new, but they just have to have the right groove. I look for songs that will get me over the hump and keep me motivated, songs that will keep me moving along at my current pace, and songs that will push me to squeeze out every last drop of energy.

Here are some of my favorites that I'm currently breaking a sweat to:

Motivation:
"Fix You" by Coldplay
"I Run For Life" by Melissa Etheridge
"The Resolution" by Jack's Mannequin
"Till I Collapse" by Eminem
"Fighter" by Christina Aguilera

Pace/Tempo:
"Big Machine" by Goo Goo Dolls
"Empire State of Mind" by Jay-Z
"Futures" by Jimmy Eat World
"Teenage Dream" by Katy Perry
"Crawl" by Kings of Leon
"Paper Planes" by M.I.A.
"Simple Life" by No Doubt
"Power" by Kanye West
"Gives You Hell" by All American Rejects
"The Distance" by Cake
"You're So Vain" by Carly Simon

Push:
"Dog Days are Over" by Florence and the Machine
"Pardon Me" by Incubus"
"4 Minutes" by Madonna
"Sandman" by Metallica
"Uprising" by Muse
"Just a Girl" by No Doubt
"Misery Business" by Paramore
"Galvanize" by Chemical Brothers
"Rapid Hope Loss" by Dashboard Confessional

What are some songs that get you through your workouts?


Also while I was running yesterday, I invented a button for ipods that you could push and it would play that one song that will keep you going when all you want to do is give up. My husband said this was already invented (Why are my million dollar ideas always already taken?!) and its part of the Nike+. Anyone know anything about that? Anyone use Nike+? If so, do you like it?

Anyway, try out some of these songs because there is nothing more exciting than to head to the gym with an updated ipod filled with new songs that you are pumped up to sweat to!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Nike+. It's something like $2.99 at the AppStore, and it's totally worth it. It tracks your runs, gives you congratulations for every mile you reach and you can tap the "power song" button to give you the extra oomph! I can't say enough about it.

    ReplyDelete