Monday, January 31, 2011

Week Eleven Check In: Running Buddies and a New Hurdle

This past week went well. I managed to get in three running days: 3.6 miles on Tuesday, 7 miles on Saturday, and another 3.6 miles on Sunday. I just can't wait until the days are a little longer and a little warmer and my window of opportunity for running gets a little wider!

I weighted in at 118 pounds! Yahoo!! Another pesky pound has been lost, three more to go. I'm still working on my midsection, but am feeling like I'm seeing results so that keeps me motivated. Plus Target has put out their bathing suits just in case I needed an additional kick in the butt!


Not the most flattering running shirt, not that I can totally blame my stomach on it...

On Saturday, I was lucky enough to have another running buddy- my sister. She completed her 4 mile run which was part of her training plan for the Monument Avenue 10K in Richmond. It is so nice to run with someone. Even if you aren't conversing, it is awesome just to have another person to keep you going. Being spoiled the past two Saturdays with buddies makes me think about trying harder to find someone to run with on a regular basis.

Can you believe we are sisters? She definitely got the tall genes!!

Until I find a buddy, I have at least discovered dailymile. It seems almost like a facebook for exercise junkies. You can post how far you run, walk, swim, etc. and track your workouts. You set up a profile where in addition to your workouts you can post races, routes, and photos. It also has this cool little race widget that gives you a countdown to your races, which I like because sometimes March just seems like ages away until you realize its basically February and your first race is 40 days away!! You can also search for other runners in your area. I just joined the site so there is still much to learn. If you are a member, go ahead and find me. I'm under Erin Smith, runner, and the area is Warrenton, VA (even though I'm in Purcellville... need to look into that more).

This week I have a new hurdle - WORK - to get in the way of my workouts. Today is my last day of maternity leave. I don't want to discuss it too much because its kind of a touchy subject and I'm a little (well okay more than a little) emotional about it. On the bright side, I will be working from home and am going back on more of a part-time basis. I know you are probably thinking, what do I have to complain about, but when you want to stay home and focus your energy on raising your kid(s), being a rockstar wife, and managing the household anything that stands in your way can make you a little grumpy. But for now, I am just going to have to add awesome employee to my list as well. I'm just praying for the wisdom and grace to be able to balance it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment